FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING on orders over $20*! Orders placed Mon-Fri by 4 pm CST ship the same day!
How To Tie A Tie: The Half Windsor Knot
How To Tie A Half Windsor Knot
- Pick out a gorgeous tie. Don't skip this step!
- Place the tie around your neck with the seam side against your body so the clean side is showing. Have the bigger end on your right and the smaller end on your left.
- Adjust the tie which is now around your neck so the small end has 8-12 inches of length giving the bigger end a couple feet of length.
- Bring the bigger end over and to the left of the smaller end. Pinch the spot where the two ends intersect with your left hand.
- With your right hand grab the now dangling bigger end and wrap it behind the smaller end, going from left to right. The big end is now on the right side of the smaller end.
- Bring the big end of the tie up to your eye level.
- Run the big end down and through the gap which is between your neck and the point where you are still pinching.
- Bring the big end up to eye level again.
- Run the big end over the knot going from right to left. Let it hang down on the left side of the knot.
- Now go up and through the gap which is between your neck and the point where you are still pinching.
- Run the big end down the wrap that you just created around the tie knot.
- Finally, cinch the tie by pulling down on the big end of the tie while holding the knot in place, then move the knot up to your neck by pulling down on the small end of the tie while helping the knot up with your other hand.
Bam! You have now tied the half windsor and with a little practice tying this knot will become second nature.